So I have spent one full day in Hawaii so far. In case you didn't know I am on Oahu at Waikiki! I am 5 hours difference in time from Texas and the views here are AMAZING!!!
So because Adam and Laura are here for a month it was cheaper for them to get a condo than to pay for a hotel. Let me rephrase that.... it is cheaper for the Army to pay for a condo for the month than for them to pay for a hotel! The Army gave us a pretty sweet spot!
Well Adam just happened to find this amazing condo! It is right and I mean right smack dab on the beach! It is amazing. The condo doesn't have ac but it truly doesn't need it. They have this huge window that stays open 24/7 and fans going in the room. So needless to say I am going to miss the sound of the ocean all day long. It has been my favorite thing sitting in a chair right by the window just looking out. My bed is also right by the window so i get the best sounds of the waves. I don't mind waking up in the middle of the night hearing them!
Here is the view of the private beach for the condo.
I have been waking up between 5:15 and 5:30. It is really neat because when I wake up it is still dark outside but within a matter of 10 minutes everything becomes alive. Seriously. This morning at 530 it was just barely light enough to see and I saw the first surfer go out. Crazy. within a matter of minutes there were 8 of them out in the water right in front of the condo.
anyways... back to the topic at hand. Yesterday mid morning I looked out the window and this is what I saw!

It was a complete rainbow! such a sweet reminder of God's promise and I got to enjoy it because I was being still!
Here is another picture that I had from yesterday from my window! Laura and I were just talking about sailing and how we would love to go sailing sometime and I saw this really cool sailboat. it was picturesque.

Yesterday wasn't too eventful. We just hung out in the morning. Around noon I went down to the beach and stayed till about 3. (praise the Lord Laura had spf 70 because I would have FRIED if I wore the spf 30 i brought! ha) When we came back in we got ready and went on a long walk to a market that is a few miles down the road from our condo. It was HOT but fun seeing all the different things. We got back, cooled off, made dinner and then began to watch the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. Since Adam was on call last night we made it a fun girls day!
About thirty minutes into the movie I began to notice some change outside and we paused the movie and grabbed our cameras! (Laura loves photography just as much as me) You ready to see this? I am going to show you a series of the pictures!
This was in the very beginning of the sunset. I thought this was gorgeous!

Wait it gets better. Same sunset.

During this whole time I am singing "sunrise, sunset" from fiddler on the roof and thinking how much Jess would love this. So I texted her a picture and then took this one!

Within a matter of 10 minutes the sun was gone. I will leave you with one last shot from the sunset!

Jess, I hope you enjoyed these pictures! :)
Aloha! Tomorrow I will post about Laura and my adventure we are taking today!
2 comments:
Wow Becca,
Busy watching sunsets and watching P&P!! What a vacation! I'm glad you have time to be still, enjoy it for all that it is and PLEASE do not even think about thinking about anything in Bryan, Texas.
Thanks for the pictures! Maybe you could frame some for your new hiz-ouse?
If you like Pina Coladas....
Bekah
What beautiful pictures!!! So glad to hear you're having such a relaxing time. We miss you, but I agree with Bekah - don't worry for a second about things here in Bryan. Love ya!
Post a Comment