(does this picture make anyone else think of the Pixar short film with the clouds?)
ALOHA!!
Ok so my brother is in the Army right? He was given orders (by his request) to be stationed in Hawaii for a month so that he could do a rotation with orthopedics at Tripler Army Base. Rough life I know!
Anyways, Adam and Laura invited me to join them for a week in Honolulu for this occasion. I had a free place to stay and the flight would be easy to get thanks to me dad who travels every week. Needless to say I struggled deciding whether I would join them or not! :)
When my dad was booking the flight with his reward points the Lord did this really sweet and special thing. At the time he was booking the first class seats were worth less reward points then the coach class seats. So it was a better deal for my dad to get the first class tickets then the coach. Can you believe that? This is insane.
I have been really hesitant and almost ashamed to tell people where I was going and how I was getting there for a while. Well my flight left yesterday and can I tell you how spoiled first class flyers are? First off at check in I was helped immediately. My luggage got a priority sticker which means when I land it is one of the first suitcases to come out. I didn't have to wait in that awful long line for security because I was flying first class. I got to board the plane first. When I got to my seat this is what I saw.
I had my own nice pillow and sweet quilt. I had all the space I wanted. My chair FULLY reclined. I was overwhelmed. This was awesome! The flight attendant I met while I was waiting in the gate and she knew me by name the entire trip. It was pretty special. So right after I was seated they came around with beverages while we were waiting for everyone else to board and get situated. They also brought a menu of what we would be eating. Can I show you how awesome this was? prepare yourselves....
So we started off with mixed nuts and dried fruit. I know this is nothing really special but oh it was. It was warm and they tasted so good!
Next was a really good salad! They also gave me a glass of wine to go with the meal.
Then I had Salmon and asparagus. Now I normally don't gravitate towards seafood but I couldn't help myself. Why get pasta when you could enjoy something fancy and really this was a once in a lifetime thing. I may never get to do this again... so I went for the Salmon and it was AMAZING!!! Who new airplane food could taste so good!

To finish this meal off I had a hot fudge sunday and some coffee.
So what did I tell you? Pretty special huh? Oh wait.. but before we landed in hawaii I was given this..
Fruit and cheese and crackers! ha.
So my food was pretty neat! Did I mention that the seats fully recline? I have never slept better on a plane than I did on the way over here... and just in case you don't believe me I took a picture of the guy sitting next to me sleeping! haha. I know a little creepy but I wanted proof of how it actually reclines!
So that is my adventure thus far! I can't wait to enjoy the beach today. Mahalo ( thanks) for reading... until next time, Aloha!
1 comment:
The reclining seat will certainly come in handy on the ride home. I am so jealous. I want to be there on the beach enjoying the beautiful weather. Any way, enjoy yourself. Have fun! Eat some pineapple for me (it tastes so much better in Hawaii)!
Miss you!
Post a Comment