As the time comes closer for me to leave for Africa... i get more and more excited about being there but I also get sad that I am leaving the people that I am getting close to. I am leaving the body and I belong to and the fellowship that I have been experiencing. Not saying that I wont have fellowship while I am gone because it will be fellowship 24/7, but it will definitely be different.
Butch spoke this weekend on persecution. I think it was perfect timing for me leaving. I am going to a place that doesnt know Jesus. I will be persecuted. I needed to know that persecution is from the Lord. Without persecution I would not have a growing relationship with the Lord. But then I start thinking... it might not be only the zambians that may persecute me... it might be the people apart of the organization who persecute me for believing strongly in things. Who knows. I am just glad and I am thankful that the Lord spoke through Butch. I want to be like Stephen. I want people to know that I am fully sold out for Christ and that after I am in heaven that people come to know the Lord because of the lifestyle that I lived. Only by the power of God can that happen. how AWESOME would that be. Like Joseph, or Daniel, or Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. I want to be joyful always. I want not only when I am in Zambia but when I am here too that I am only alive and here today because of the Lord.
I am going to miss the month and a half with my friend and family here. I am going to miss seeing the body almost every day. I am going to miss out on making decisions for the fall with the new church start. I am going to miss all of those things but the Lord has a different plan for me. There is a reason that I am flying out next sunday for Zambia. There is a reason why I am not going to be here in July and only God knows that reason. I am so excited to be going to and to love on these kids and to share Christ with them.
Pray for patience. Pray for perservance (Hebrews 12:1-3). Pray for safety. Pray for wisdom. Pray for lives to come to know the Lord. Pray for barriers to be broken down. Pray for love that we can show Christ love and not love of the world. Pray for growth. pray for truth to be spoken.
I cant wait to be apart of what the Lord is doing with Camp LIFE right now. Only 7 more days to I fly off. Only 7 more days till i get to hold those zambian babies in my arms. Only 7 more day till I get to be apart of a movement going on in Lusaka, Zambia. Only 7 more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment