Saturday, November 10, 2012

Meet Abigail Grace!

Well the past few weeks have been a whirlwind. We are so blessed to finally have our little girl with us. She is an AMAZING baby. So calm and content! She loves her sleep and she loves to eat! I feel like we are starting to get into a rhythm now which has been really helpful.

Jeff was able to take off the first 2 1/2 weeks after Abigail was born. What a blessing! He has been such a big help around the house and an AMAZING dad. I love looking at him when he is taking care of Abigail. I love him more and more every time I see it.

Here is the story of how the birth went down!

I went in to be induced Monday night, October 8th. I started having pretty intense contractions Tuesday morning. I was planning on getting an epidural and boy am I thankful I did. (The ladies that don't... you ROCK.)

I was progressing pretty slowly at first but then I was quickly dilated to a 6. Well I stayed at a 6 for several hours with no progression. My doctor came at 4:30 to recheck and talk about what is to come. At that point he told me he didn't see any progression. Then he gave me some options. He said we could wait another 2 hours and see what happens or we could go ahead and put you on the schedule for a c section. There was someone in the OR at that time so it would be 2 hours before I had the surgery anyway. After talking we decided to go ahead and book the OR but that he would come and check me in an hour and a half to see if any more progress had been made.

An hour and a half later... no progress. At that time we were all business. I just wanted a healthy and happy baby. I was physically and emotionally exhausted.  (as you can see from the picture)



They got us all prepped and they wheeled me to the OR.

Needless to say our daughter had to big of a head for my body. My doctor said if I had tried to push her it would have been a VERY bad situation. So needless to say I am very thankful for my doctors wisdom and for modern technology that we have now. 
If you look closely at the top of her head you can see where she was stuck and how she had a LOT more head to try to fit. haha




8 lbs 11 oz. 20 1/2 inches long. Healthy Baby girl!


The grandmas are swooning!


About to leave the hospital to go home!
Here are pictures from the past month with our little girl!


I can't help but smile when I see this picture!

One proud daddy
One minute she was happy....
The next minute sad! haha. Not really. :) 

First golf lesson from daddy!


Halloween 2012- Our pretty Ballerina!


Silly faces
"What are you doing mom?" haha. One month old! 
I can not believe how much she has grown! The first month has been a blessing! We love you Abigail! 



1 comment:

Stephen and Katy Murray said...

Ridiculously cute! Congrats guys! :D