What is this thing?Well I am going to tell you!
It is the machine that I love best! It is the machine that I actually look forward to using! It is the machine that research says will help with many things in my life by just using it! It is an elliptical. It does amazing things.
I HATE running! I always have. But I Love this! This thing gives you the running motion without all the aches and pains and crunching of the bones as running does! ( maybe a little dramatic) Whats great is it gets your heart rate up too! Depending on how much you actually challenge and push yourself you can get a great cardio with this sucker!
So I joined a gym.
This is new and crazy! I have always danced growing up, so I was never around a gym, I was in a studio. But now that I don't dance any more have haven't for a few years I needed to get back into some sort of physical activity. I do miss dancing ALOT and I have been saying for about a year that I want to dance again and that day might come but not right now.
The Lord has been laying on my heart that I need to be more active for a while and I would walk around my neighborhood , but that was only once in a blue moon! So through pray and questions i joined Gold's.
I was very intimidated walking into this place for the first time, but I did it. I faced that fear that was holding me back from doing it. Even better I got a student discount! WHOOP! Thank you Texas A&M!
I thankfully have a partner to go with. My roomie Jessica has a membership there and we are keeping each other accountable in this and pushing one another. It has been great. I have been a member for a week and have gone 5 times now. That is huge! I am actually enjoying it too. Not only is it going to keep me more healthy but it is going to give me more energy.
Our bodies are to be temples. We are also called to not be lazy. I have been lazy and i have not treated my body as a temple in a while. The Lord has gotten a hold of me and I am excited about what this is going to bring.
Yay for Golds, yay for lifting weights and biking and ellipticals! Praise the Lord for clearly convicting me in this! I am excited to see how this will effect my future! :)
4 comments:
I'm so proud of you, Becca! Working out is tough stuff.
Yay! It has been SO encouraging to see the Lord move in this area of your life! Really. He has captured your heart about this.
Also, I love that you mentioned that our bodies are temples. If we would only grasp this, to the glory of the Lord, then I think we would all be more aware of what we consume, what we think about, and what we involved ourselves in.
Good stuff!
Way to go Becca!!! I'm excited for you! The elliptical is my favorite one too! I don't know if you do this or not, but I love to download a Matt Chandler or Marc Driscoll podcast on my ipod and workout while I listen...Paul said that physical training is of some value but training in godliness yields benefits for this life and the next! Kill two birds with one stone!! :) Love you girl! By the way, I'm comin in this Sunday...can't wait to see you!!!
Way to go Becca, I am very proud of what the Lord is doing in you.
Post a Comment