Friday, September 19, 2008

SAFARI!


Look at the baby hippo following the mama! The hippos were the craziest things to see. They would make mooing noises that were really loud and then they would open their mouth really big. It looked like they could swallow a full grown person whole!

So I know I never finished that series about Africa but here is comes! I am going to continue where I stopped... sorry it has taken forever. I am now to the point where I can see my girls in pictures and see the pictures and be okay with not being there. I know that I can continue to pray for them even when I can't physically be there to love them and hold them and to play with them.

I believe that last place I stopped at was right before the safari! When I went to South Africa I went on a safari there but this one was totally different. In SA it was a fenced in (so to speak) area. In Zambia this was all wild land. These animals live here because this is where they are suppose to be. They weren't put and kept in this area. They leave if they want to.

So we first went on the water safari! We saw Lots of hippos, and alligators. While on a boat a army of elephants came! it was so cool. There was at least 50 of them. They went down to the water to cool off and through mud on themselves. It was the coolest thing to watch.


This cute baby elephant kept slipping in the mud and couldnt get up. With determination it finally got up!

There are so many more pictures but just too many to post. That was it for the water but then we went on land. The first thing that we saw was this:
If you look at it you will see a lion paw. Now if that doesn't get you a little excited about seeing some awesome animals I don't know what will.
More bars in more places? At&t anyone! I think this trip really made me like giraffes. They are amazing animals and look really cool when they are running!
This is their national bird! it is really pretty especially when it flies. Its blue wings look like they have glitter on it!
Zazu anyone? I actually saw a hornbill! it was cool


Well that is the highlights of the Safari! I have so many pictures though! These just highlight some of my favorite moments from it!







2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Wow. I just love the majesty of creation and to see a different aspect of it up close...pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Owen said...

You saw some awesome animals! I loved the baby elephant... adorable!